- Visceral or Articular Gout.
- Increases immunity & prevents formation of calculi.
- Removes metabolic waste, excess water & washes out toxins.
- Acute or Chronic renal insufficiency.
- helps prevent urinary tract infections, maintains mineral balance & cleans blood.
- It stimulates the kidney functions & kidney health.
Kidney Disorders in Birds. … There are many causes of kidney problems including infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic), tumors (common in budgies), toxic insults, The disturbed balance of these minerals in diet can result in various pathological conditions including renal failure and development of gout. The combination of high dietary Ca and low AP (available phosphorus) during pullet grow out triggers urolithiasis in both pullets and laying hens.
What causes kidney disease in birds?
- The hepatoprotective effects of dandelion
are related to its antioxidant activities as it
- Increase antioxidant enzymes and ameliorated the liver against oxidative stress.
- Also, support the liver ability to produce bile and help liver to filter harmful chemicals out.
Solidago Virgaurea Extract:
- is used to reduce pain and swelling (inflammation), as a diuretic to increase urine flow, and to stop muscle spasms. It is also used for gout, joint pain (rheumatism), arthritis, as well as eczema and other skin conditions.
- Goldenrod is also used to treat tuberculosis infections that have become active again after a period of inactivity (latency), diabetes, enlargement of the liver, hemorrhoids, internal bleeding, hay fever, asthma, and an enlarged prostate.
Mechanism on urinary system health:
- support or increase the effectiveness of medicines like antibiotics for a urinary tract infection (UTI) .
- The extract may help with overactive bladder, or the frequent feeling of needing to urinate.
It may also decrease painful spasms of the urinary tract.
Vitamin B1 (Thiamin)
- Thiamin plays a very important role in glucose metabolism.
- thiamin pyrophosphate is a coenzyme in the transketolase reaction that is part of the direct oxidative pathway (pentose phosphate cycle) of glucose metabolism occurring in the cell cytoplasm of the liver, brain, adrenal cortex and kidney,
- The pentose phosphate cycle is the only mechanism known for synthesis of ribose, which is needed for nucleotide formation. This cycle also results in the reduction of Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADPH), which is essential for reducing intermediates from carbohydrate metabolism during fatty acid synthesis.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxin)
- It is involved in gluconeogenesis and glycogenolysis, immune function (for example, it promotes lymphocyte and interleukin-2 production), and hemoglobin formation
- PLP and PMP are involved in amino acid metabolism, and PLP is also involved in the metabolism of one-carbon units, carbohydrates, and lipids
- It also plays a role in cognitive development through the biosynthesis of neurotransmitters and in maintaining normal levels of homocysteine, an amino acid in the blood
- Pyridoxal 5’ phosphate (PLP) and pyridoxamine 5’ phosphate (PMP) are the active coenzyme forms of vitamin B6
- recommended especially during prolonged stressful situations eg. heat stroke optimize and maintain immune-competence is a natural ntioxidant thereby protecting cells from free oxygen radicals.
- maintain fertility and hatchability at optimum levels in breeders optimize bioavailability of dietary calcium and other minerals
- Calcium Pantothenate is a B-vitamin.
- As nutritional supplement: in animal feed to accelerate growth of cattle and poultry.
- prevent side effects of streptomycin and kanamycin.